Analysis the experiences of designing a questionnaires
The design of a questionnaire will depend on whether the researcher wishes to collect exploratory information.
Exploratory questionnaires: If the data to be collected is qualitative or is not to be statistically evaluated, it may be that no formal questionnaire is needed.
Formal standardised questionnaires: If the researcher is looking to test and quantify hypotheses and the data is to be analysed statistically, a formal standardised questionnaire is designed.
1. Design the questionnaire, should deeply understand the situation: what aspects do we want to know. What problems do we want to solve.
2. If possible, read the related or similar industry research report of questionnaire research, it helps to avoid going in the wrong direction, can also provide a new way of thinking.
3. To understand the respondent. You have to go to chat with respondents, professional call “interview”, the most important thing is to understand get their opinion in which area you want to research. What do you want to send the object of the questionnaire, how to send the questionnaire, if a questionnaire refused to appear high probability, then the questionnaire design is a failure.
4. Form a preliminary study.You need to understand the qualitative material according to your current (reports and interviews) and make a comprehensive analysis.
5. Determine the questionnaire distributed way
6.According to your hypothesis, design questions and options.
7. Don’t design the topic of repetitive
8. Design the length of the questionnaire
9. The questionnaire distributed
10. Data analysis: can use some some software to analyze the data.
11. Form the normal research report.